Ashleigh is such a sweet girl and such a trooper to do this shoot while just weeks away from having her 2nd baby! She is so beautiful, and pregnancy looks good on her.
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, Ashleigh. You are amazing and I loved getting to know you. We made a good pregnant duo team during the photo shoot! 😉
- Before personally going through something related to heart health, did you know much about it?
Yes. Before the passing of my mother we went to many doctor appointments which lead me to learn and study into the heart in great detail.
- Have you ever lost anyone due to a heart related health issue?
Yes, my grandmother and mother
- If you answered yes to the previous question and you’re comfortable answering- what happened? And to whom?
Three years ago my mom was at home watching her beloved Atlanta Braves when my dad found her in their bedroom with no pulse. My dad started performing CPR on her until the paramedics arrived. Once they arrived they to performed CPR but was unable to revive her. My mom struggled with cardiovascular disease that started in her late 30’s and lead to many surgeries over the next years of her life. My mom was 53 years young when she passed away that day. She didn’t live a healthy lifestyle and I wish everyday that there was more I could’ve done for her in the time we had together.
- Why do you want to be a part of this project?
As someone who has lost someone to heart disease and now as a mother I want to be more educated on heart health and be a big supporter.
- How have you been affected by Heart Health?
Losing my mother and grandmother to cardiovascular disease.
- What do you want people to know?
To take care of yourself and love ones. Cherish every moment you have with them. Exercise and eat healthy is definitely a great start.
- How has this all changed your life?
As a mother now, I want to be in the best health for my family. I also want to be able to educate others on a healthy lifestyle.
- What’s the most important thing in the world to you?
My family’s health and well being.
- If this was your last week on earth, how would you live it?
With my family doing things that makes us happy. (Camping in the mountains)
- What are you passionate about?
I know I have said it a few times. But, my family! I’m so passionate to be the best wife and mother I can be! I only want the best for them. I am also passionate to be a great friend as well.
- What do you love about yourself?
Being a loving and supportive mom and wife…..Well some days you have your doubts too.
- What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Having supportive family and friends. And, the other day someone bought my Starbucks coffee. So I returned the favor for the next person in line. Coffee is always nice for a tired mama!
Thank you so much, Ashleigh! Best of luck with that new precious bundle!!! We are in for a whole new world with 2 now! 😉