The date is set. You know how you want to wear your makeup and a friend is styling your hair. You even have your outfits chosen (for the most part): a fun, girly dress, jeans and your favorite top, a school sweater that shows off your spirit, chunky necklaces and a pair of adorable heels. We know you are going to look fabulous at your shoot. You have that down. The question is, how are you going to standout and make your session unique?
There is no doubt that you are a special, talented, fun, individual. That’s why Tracy wants your personality and spirit to shine through in your senior photos. There will be time for the standard, traditional poses and smiles (we have to make the parents and grandparents happy, too, right?), but you will also have the freedom to incorporate your hobbies, interests, and personal style into the session. Tracy wants you to have photos that showoff the true you for now and always.
Here are 5 Ways you can set yourself apart from the crowd and make your senior photos unique to YOU (I have also included photos from Tracy’s Class of 2014 as examples of how they made this possible):
1. Location, location, location! The first way to set yourself apart is by choosing an awesome session site. Go outside of the box and choose somewhere unfamiliar that no one will recognize. Or, choose a place that has special meaning to you. Try to avoid areas that you have seen photos taken 100 times before; you want to be unique, so your location should be unique, too!
2. Bring a Friend. A sure way to make your session even more fun and spontaneous is to have your best friend join in on the fun. They can help out with the shoot, put you at ease, and make it a super hilarious adventure. You will also love having a few photos with your BFF to cherish along with the memories.
3. Puppy Love. Pets are a special and important part of your family. It makes sense to include them into a photo session that’s all about representing YOU. Whether it’s the family dog that you have shared a home with since elementary school or your hunting dogs, pets are certain to bring a smile to your face and a heartwarming flair to your photos. It’s not limited to dogs, either! Tracy has photographed horses, lizards, birds, etc. Usually if you let us know beforehand, we can find a way to bring your animals into the session in some way.
4. This one’s for you, sports fans. If you are an athlete you take pride in your abilities. You love to compete and enjoy showing your school spirit. There are many ways to incorporate your sport into the photo session, but you don’t want it to look cheesy or forced. Don’t worry, Tracy has you covered. Bring along your jersey, your medals, your school ring, your equipment, or anything else you may want to display your talents.
5. Find your passion and let it shine. Whether you love music or reading, hiking or fishing, you can bring along a piece of this passion and have it in your photos. Your smile will shine a little brighter when what makes your heart happy is nearby.
Remember, these are just a few ways to help make your session special. No matter what you do, make sure it feels natural and relaxed. Your senior photos are something to be treasured and you want to love the person they represent. Have fun, be adventurous, and most importantly, BE YOURSELF!