I met Vicki through a mutual friend of ours (Katie from Bottega!) and fell in love with her immediately! She is so much fun to be around and lights up the room. She talked to me all about my worries of having a 2nd kiddo and made me feel so much more at ease. She has the sweetest, most caring demeanor and I just adore her and her big heart. I have loved spending time with her and getting to know her and I am so glad she wanted to share her story and be a part of this project.
Here is her story:
- There would be no goodbye…no last hug. The heart attack took that away from us. Thankful she had no suffering, but years of sadness followed, for all of us, especially daddy. She was too young. I still miss my mom. Daddy died with a broken heart because he didn’t want to live life without her. His heart was amazingly strong, despite years of heart disease. He lost his mom and dad way too young, also from a heart attack. I wasn’t born yet to meet that grandpa but she was my favorite grandma who I knew I wanted to be just like. I am…she was an amazing lady that I wished I had been able to have more years to share.
I changed my life to eat well and exercise. My cardiac genes are not good, but my heart and indicators are exceptional because I took charge. Daddy had his first cardiac bypass surgery at 57 and his second one at 72. He lived 88 ½ years because we now have exceptional cardiac care for patients who don’t ignore the signs and see their health care provider. My brother is on his second round of stents and he just had a heart attack. He survived, but my heart was broken. I want to grow old with my brother…he is my guy. Hearts are broken with heart disease…lives are touched and changed forever. As we look at February as the HEART month and month of LOVE, reach out to your loved ones to make a difference.
- Why do you want to be a part of this project?
TO let people know they CAN make a difference and change the course of their future…and the future of their loved ones!
- How has this all changed your life?
I treasure each and every day and let people I love KNOW how much I love them!
- What’s the most important thing in the world to you?
Family and friends…making a difference…
- If this was your last week on earth, how would you live it?
Being with my family and friends, telling stories and loving each other! Probably giving some motherly advice….
- What are you passionate about?
Life…living it with passion. Making a difference for others and our future children.
- What do you love about yourself?
My energy and desire to love and care about other people. A true passion for life.
- What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
When I went through cancer treatment many years ago, I was surrounded by family and friends who took good care of my young daughters. It was invaluable…the love and care I received will always be in my heart.
Thank you Vicki SO MUCH for sharing this with the world. You are so beautiful and brave.